Have you heard this before? It’s so very very true: if you keep on doing the same things, taking the same actions and thinking the same thoughts, guess what you’re going to get? The same results that you’ve been getting!
Look around you right now. That’s right – please stop reading this for a minute and turn away from the monitor and look around you, look all around you…..
Do You Like?
Ok, what did you see? Do you like what you see? Wherever you are right now in your life is the direct result of the actions and thoughts that you’ve been taking. If you like what you see, if you see an organized, clean space, if you look down and see fit, toned thighs, if you stand up and feel strong, confident, and love how your clothes fit, then you’ve been taking positive actions and thinking positive, strong thoughts.
If on the other hand your clothes don’t feel good because they’re too tight, you look at them and aren’t inspired because you bought clothes that were the only ones that would fit, and if you aren’t happy with how your body feels because you’re constantly tired and craving all sorts of unhealthy food then don’t despair – you’ve been taking actions and thinking thoughts that have given you results that you’re not happy with but this is actually really great!
OK, Why Is It So Great??
If you can take responsibility and own the fact that the results you see are because of the actions you’ve chosen to take it means that you are in control. You are in control, you’re not a victim of outside circumstances, and since this is the truth it also means that you are in control of choosing different actions.
That’s right, since you’re the one in control of your actions and you’re not a robot being controlled and programmed by someone else, this means that you can change your actions and thoughts and produce different results!
The Same Goes For Me
I’ve been stagnating on my results with my own weight loss and fitness goals and this morning I had a really huge “Aha moment” about this. I’m not going to get into that in this post but suffice it to say that I’ve had a major shift in my thinking and I now realize why I’ve been holding myself back from success.
Today my weight is 155 pounds and my goal is 125, which is just 30 pounds away and that’s ok – I now know why I’ve been sabotaging my own efforts and not applying everything that I know works – the 6-Week Body Makeover plan (eat more and exercise less) and the Shrink Yourself program (ends emotional eating). Both are excellent plans and they’ve given me all of the tools that I need to succeed and I highly recommend both of them to you but there is one caveat: there’s one ingredient that you must have before embarking on either of these programs….
You MUST Be Ready To Change and Succeed
Both of these programs will help you achieve the lasting weight loss and fitness success that you so dearly want but only if you want to succeed more than you want to use food to get you through life. You’ve gotta be ready to change, you’ve gotta be willing to succeed.
This morning I realized that I have not been willing to succeed and duh, of course if you’re not willing to succeed (even if this thought is unconscious) then guess what – you’re going to take actions and think thoughts that will give you failed results! So, if I continue to take those same actions (half committed to success because I’m still hanging onto old thoughts and beliefs about myself) then I’ll get the same old results.
Are You Ready For Success?
I don’t know about you but I know where I stand right now – I’m on the road to success and I’m actually going to get down to my goal of 125 pounds. I’m taking different actions than I’ve been doing, some being actions that I’ve done in the past because I know they work and they helped me succeed, and some being new and different:
- Tonight I’m taking pictures of myself to record my progress, something that I really really recommend you do, too. Those progress photos will do more to help you stay on track then you can imagine. I did this when I lost 43.5 pounds with the 6WBMO in 2004.
- Today I cooked up a huge pot of Chicken Ghallaba with fresh, whole foods – you must take the actions of planning and preparation if you want to succeed with the 6-Week Body Makeover because processed foods will only bring your metabolism to a halt, which means you won’t lose weight.
- I’m listening to the audios that came with my 6-Week Body Makeover kit, I can’t tell you the last time that I did that.
- I’m reading my black book that came with my 6-Week Body Makeover kit, something I’ve been meaning to do again but haven’t until now.
- I printed out the Shrink Yourself materials that it allows you to easily do while you’re doing the 12-week program and/or when you’ve completed it. I am going back over them to review and further embed the points of learning in my brain.
- I’m going back to journaling whenever I need to. I told you about my success with it before, when I would simply write down the thoughts and feelings that came up when I suddenly felt like turning to food and I had great success with that action step.
- I don’t watch as much TV as I used to and now I’m keeping it off even more than before. I’m a big movie lover (that’s a blog I could create if I wanted to – no plans at all for that right now though!) so I’m not going to say that I’ll never turn on the telly, but today and from now on I’m turning on a motivational tape, CD, or tuning in to Hay House Radio when I want a “pick me up diversion”, instead of trying to use TV for that.
There are some good things on TV (I love So You Think You Can Dance – awesome athleticism, motivating to watch while I’m on the treadmill) and when the Winter Olympics are back on I’ll have the TV on 24/7 (LOL, well not really, but a lot). Overall though, the stuff that’s on isn’t what I’d call positive brain food and the advertisements can trigger your emotional hunger.
These are just a few of the different actions that I’m taking now, actions that I either haven’t been doing or haven’t done as diligently as I could have but now that I am, I will get different results than what I’ve been getting! I’m feeling really really geeked right now and I am grateful for my “Aha moment” this morning.
How About You?
At the beginning of this article I asked you to look around you and then determine whether or not you’re happy with the results you’ve been producing. If the answer is no, what are you going to do differently? What actions and thoughts are you going to change so that you will produce different results?If You Keep Doing the Same Thing, You’ll Keep Getting the Same Result