I’ve been telling you about the healthy weight loss plan that I recommend to you whole-heartedly, The Six Week Body Makeover. This week I’d like to give you a series of posts on exactly what motivates me to stick with it. I could have titled this “What Motivates Me to Stick With a Healthy Eating and Exercise Plan”, but since my plan is the 6WBMO, why not just call it like it is? 😉
I bring up this point however, because even if you are not using the Six Week Body Makeover to lose weight, maintain your weight, build muscle tone and definition, and feel awesome, if you are doing all of these things with another healthy plan then either you can use what is motivating me, or you will gain motivation to pursue the Six Week Body Makeover yourself to lose weight, and get fit!
To start off this series, one of the biggest motivators for me is one that everyone wants in any weight loss plan, and that is the results that you get. As it has been in my experience, you will also see results in more places than just the scale, 5 of which I’ve outlined for you below:
1. The scale. Ok, I’ll start with this one because it’s the most obvious. 😉 Recently I documented my progress for 6 weeks with the 6WBMO and in that time I dropped 13.5 pounds. I think that is wonderful progress, and actually is on the lower end than what many people lose in their first 6 weeks (the heavier you are, the more you will lose initially).
2. Progress pictures. The best way to truly track your progress is to take pictures – front, back, and side views. Take these before you start and then at the end of your first six weeks. This is a much better way to show how far you’ve come than by relying only on the scale, especially since there will be weeks when the scale doesn’t move.
3. Measurements. In addition to weighing yourself (only once a week to avoid obsession), you’ll want to take your measurements. You will find that sometimes you lose inches when you don’t see the scale move. In my final progress update, I noted that over the six weeks I dropped 10.5 inches, which made a noticeable difference for me.
4. How your clothes fit. Even better than how your clothes fit, is when you can reach into the back of your closet and pull out a pair of pants that you haven’t been able to fit in for months, or even longer! How fun is that! Beware though, that you might need to invest in a new wardrobe when you’re done, depending on how much weight you have to lose to get to a healthy and fit weight for your body. 😉
5. How you feel. There is no denying the difference in your physical energy and your mood when you are eating healthy, whole foods and getting regular exercise. Since you aren’t eating processed foods that are gunked up with all of the chemicals and additives (not to mention sugar!), your body runs like a well-oiled machine. This means you have more energy to accomplish other goals in your life; you’re no longer weighted down and held back by your physical form. You can get out there and go for your goals and dreams with an abundance of energy and enthusiasm on your side!
These are the 5 main results that I obtain from eating and exercising with the Six Week Body Makeover plan. If I were going to add a sixth, that would be the visible muscle tone and definition that I see from doing my sculpting exercises, mainly in my arms and upper back. I don’t see it yet in my legs or stomach because I still have fat in those places. Even so, I’m still building muscle underneath. 😉
All of the results clearly are excellent motivators to keep me going and stick with it. If you were seeing these results, would you also be motivated to continue eating healthy and exercising? Would you be happy with these results, or is there another result that you would rather receive from a weight loss and health improvement plan?
I will bring you another motivator tomorrow. In the meantime you can learn more about it or get your own Six Week Body Makeover kit that will give you all of the tools you need to change your lifestyle and get healthy and fit!
How I Stay Motivated To Follow The Six Week Body Makeover – 5 Results