Instead of giving myself reasons why I can’t, I give myself reasons why I can. – Author Unknown
When you strive to motivate yourself to make changes and lose weight, what are are the thoughts you think?
Do you tend to think:
- It’s too hard.
- I’ve tried so many times and failed.
- I’ve tried so many times and regained what I lost.
- I don’t have the time to exercise.
- I’ll always be overweight.
- I can do this, I can lose weight with healthy eating and exercise.
- I have done my research and I have a healthy plan of action for weight loss.
- I can make the time for exercise by cutting back on my TV watching.
- I am strong and capable and if I have the urge to eat when I’m not hungry, I can write about my feelings in my journal instead.
- Other people lose weight, why not me?
Or, do you instead think:
The more reasons you give yourself for why you can lose weight, the more motivated you will be. If you continually drag yourself down with limiting, defeating thoughts about your ability to lose weight, it will be very hard to keep yourself motivated and it’s likely that you will quit.
In my experience, it has been my own limited thinking that has been my downfall every time. Give yourself the advantage for successful weight loss and come up with as many reasons for why you can lose weight. Write down at least 5 reasons, and put the list up where you will see it every day. The more reasons that you can come up with for why you can lose weight, the higher your motivation will be.The Reasons You CAN Lose Weight – Daily Motivation