Here are 7 motivating and inspiring books that you can either put on your holiday wish list or, buy for yourself!
If you’ve ever been a little disappointed because you didn’t get what you wanted for Christmas the best way to handle that is to get yourself a gift and since you’re interested in your health and fitness for body, mind, and spirit, these books are ones that I would recommend you take a look at:
- Sound Health, Sound Wealth by Luanne Oakes, Ph.D. – This is a really neat book and at first you might wonder what it has to do with weight loss…well, remember that Fearless Fat Loss focuses on fitness for body, mind, and spirit and Sound Health, Sound Wealth helps you incorporate your spirit, imagination, and body into the process of bettering your health. It also includes a “Frequency Treatment CD”, which uses sound and tones to easily raise your vibration and mood. You will have to experience it to see what I mean but trust me, it’s really great.
- Gillian McKeith’s Food Bible by Gillian McKeith of You Are What You Eat, that motivating and inspirational TV show that I love. In her Food Bible, not only does Gillian give you the A-Z rundown on health conditions and a holistic way to treat them but she also puts the focus on the connection between the mind and the body, which is a basic foundation of Fearless Fat Loss. The mind and the body are not separate but are connected and you must include the mind when healing the body whether that healing involves your weight or your gall bladder. Your thoughts and emotions have more of an impact on your health than you may have ever been aware of.
- YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner’s Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty by Dr. Oz – This is Dr. Oz’s latest “YOU” book and I heard a very interesting radio interview he did about it, which actually had to do with the cycles you go through in a long term relationship and the chemical changes that occur in the body. You might wonder what this has to do with your weight however everything in your life is connected – the better your relationships are the more beautiful you will feel inside and out, which will have an effect on how you treat yourself when it comes to how you eat and exercise. There is however, specific information related to diet and exercise in the book but what I like is Dr. Oz’s holistic approach to beauty, that it involves your mind, body, and spiritual connection – all influence how you look and feel, inside and out!
- You: On A Diet: The Owner’s Manual for Waist Management also by Dr. Oz – I love this book, you might have read my post about YOU on a Diet and how it is so very motivating, if you are motivated by learning how the human body works and how much better it works when you feed it healthy, nutritious foods. YOU on a Diet put the focus on weight loss though, and it includes some really wonderful illustrations. I highly recommend it.
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay – I actually recommend any book or CD by Louise Hay. She’s simply a wonderful metaphysical teacher who is also all about the mind-body connection. In You Can Heal Your Life she teaches you that love is the most powerful, healing energy on the planet and that by loving yourself you can achieve miracles. Her teachings are what I based my 31 Days of Loving Yourself Thin series on.
- Perfect Health: The Complete Mind/Body Guide by Deepak Chopra – This was the first book I read and owned by Deepak. In it he covers the connection between the mind and body and focuses on Ayurveda (ancient Hindu science of health and medicine) and the 3 mind-body Ayurvedic types – Kapha, Pitta, and Vata. You can take a test to determine which body type you are and then follow his suggestions for bringing balance to your body and mind based on your Ayurvedic type. There are many who swear by Ayurveda and a very interesting story is…
- Ayurveda: A Life of Balance by Maya Tiwari – She was diagnosed with terminal cancer, told she had only 6 months to live and she retreated alone to a cabin in Vermont for 3 months where she went through a process of releasing pent up, old emotions stored up during her life. She returned to the doctor a couple of months later and there was no trace of cancer in her blood and only a small tumor remained, which was inoperable. You can read the book to get the rest of the story but suffice it to say that in addition to her new doctor’s treatment she also completely changed her lifestyle including diet, exericise, and meditation, and became cancer free.
During this busy holiday season my wish for you is that you continue to put your own health and fitness first because no one else can take care of YOU like you can. And if you need a pick-me-up and any of these books resonate with you, why not get yourself your own Christmas gift? That way you’ll be assured to get something you want. 😉